What is PJSE Consulting?
PJSE Consulting is Peter Jones – One of Australia’s most experienced and respected event producers. The dynamic force behind Peter Jones Special Events, he has created and managed some of Australia’s most memorable and successful events here and overseas for more than 25 years.
PJSE Consulting now offers Peter’s expert knowledge to organisations as a valued consultant, guiding them through the complexities of creating successful self-managed events.
Why use a consultant?
Many self-managed events often fail to fully meet their objectives due to a variety of reasons.
Event management is the brother of show business and just like its brother, it has high stakes and is not without risk. For every blockbuster, there are hundreds of box-office flops.
Planning any event requires much more than just a floor-plan or menu selection. Each event has a specific purpose and represents a significant investment in time, money and reputation. To be a success, it must have a structured plan and process.
Only an experienced event producer knows the complexities and secrets to organising and producing a successful event.
What are the complexities?
Whether an event will be attended by 10 people or 10,000, they all have a range of issues that if not addressed, can cause the event to fall short of expectations. Being aware of the pitfalls and creating a detailed plan will ensure success.
Some of the key questions to ask include;
- What are the event’s objectives?
- How do you create a comprehensive plan?
- Who will be responsible for each element?
- How do you create a budget?
- Who underwrites the event?
And these are just some of the questions to ask before the event has even been approved.
Once the green light has been given, other issues have to be considered, addressing;
- How do you design the event?
- How do you select a venue?
- How do you keep it within budget?
- How do you organise caterers?
- How will it be marketed?
- What are the security arrangements?
- Who will look after all the different subcontractors?
- How does the creative approach reflect the client’s brand?
- How do you access appropriate talent and how do you manage them?
- What will happen on the actual day of the event?
These are just some of the questions that an event producer must ask every single time.
What are the answers?
With his extensive experience, Peter Jones will guide you through the minefield of managing and creating a successful event. His comprehensive and methodical approach will ensure you develop the right plan that best meets all key objectives.
His services also include guidance and leadership on:
- Pre-event evaluation and analysis
- Design and structure of an event framework
- Who are the most appropriate suppliers, venues and subcontractors
- Management structure to deliver the event
- Creating an event department – what to do in-house and what to out source
- Payment schedules
- Economies of scale in purchase power
- Non-for-profit fundraising strategies
- Interactive opportunities
- Post-event evaluation
Producing a successful event poses many questions. But they can all be replaced with just one simple question:
Why wouldn’t I use PJSE Consulting?
P: +613 9320 5700
F: +613 9326 8677
172 – 174 Chetwynd St,
North Melbourne VIC 3051
Thanks again Peter for your fabulous work with us today. Content rich,
motivating, encouraging, thought-provoking, positive, refreshing and fun.
CEO – Queen Victoria Market